Welcome to yet another Friday in which Seattle is showing off again! I hope you have your favorite iced beverage in hand (or are planning just that for later) – let’s take a quick sweep…
At a glance for this week, this one is short + sweet focused on community + a dose of perspective through video + a new client appreciation event done for you…Husky + “built for life” themed (and oh, by the way – if you didn’t hear the good news, Huskies won the Windermere Cup last weekend! It was an amazing day in community + sport yet again)…
Community Service Day | It is oh so close – I’m ready for such focus outside of this Spring craze in our real estate market(s). Friday, June 3rd we will each take our annual pause and come together with our individual branch and disburse into our communities to make a difference. Even more powerful, this happens Windermere wide – pretty darn amazing. Warning: video brings tears (and a good solid dose of perspective). We’ve had over 8300 views to-date = a lot of Kleenex. Grab a Kleenex and click here.
Curious to know how our six offices will be doing good in our respective hoods this year? Here is hour six office roll call…
- Sand Point > NE Seattle Together, NEST
- Wedgwood > In cooperation with Wedgwood Community Council and the neighbors Wedgwood will be providing a strip of 35th Ave NE a well deserved facelift!
- Northgate > For a second year in a row Northgate will be volunteering at YouthCare in downtown Seattle – delivering donations and cooking lunch for 50-60 youths aged 12-24. The James W Ray Orion Center is YouthCare’s hub for services. It offers a safe, open place where youth can access many services, from meeting basic needs to education and employment training.
- Eastlake > Yet again, pouring in the hours with Rebuilding Together Seattle!
- Madison Park > MP will be working in the Arboretum in clean up and weeding efforts in a key “garden area”
- Ballard > For a second year in a row, in partnership with St Luke’s our Ballard office will be rolling up their sleeves and making an impact – paint rollers in hand and just about anything to beautiful their facilities.
Personally I am looking forward to participating in my 16th CSD – collectively we do indeed build better communities through our collective efforts. We cannot thank you enough for caring, taking a quick pause and showing up! June 3rd 2016 is prepped to make an impact, both big + small. It all matters.
Husky Fans meet UW Coach Chris Peterson | Husky fan or now, invite your clients to join you on Wednesday, June 1 at the Don James Center in Husky Stadium from 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. for a networking reception where UW Football Coach Chris Petersen will give an update on how spring practice went and a preview of the upcoming season. He’ll also explain his mantra “built for life” and how he prepares his team for life beyond football. We’ll end with a Q & A session. Tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis. I’ll see you there! Quick access to order tickets under Featured Events. Marketing materials available with your branch staff. We are all here to help.
Thanks for taking this sweep with me on Friday! I’m having fun with this. Here to help, always the ultimate goal. Give me feedback along the way – this content is specifically geared for you – Sand Point + Wedgwood + Northgate + Eastlake + Madison Park + Ballard – our six!
Laura Smith, General Manager | Windermere Real Estate Co + Northwest, Inc.