At a glance for this week > You have influenced our TouchCMA product + a note on “browsers” + market “pulse” storytelling + all things pink! Let’s recap this week and prep for next…welcome to Seafair weekend! Cheers to productive work + play ahead, here to help – the ultimate goal.
TouchCMA redesign + you | Your comments directly influenced our design team in creating the next generation of digital presentations. Thank you. We are listening. That giant WORC feedback button continues to be a fantastic landing spot for your feedback – “specific” feedback is the very best! You are influencing our products – as it should be – they are designed for you.
***screenshot of WORC to show feedback button.
Ok, on Tuesday, August 2 we are launched the redesign of TouchCMA. The additional features and new modern design will elevate your presentations and give you a competitive advantage. I’ve heard many of you are very happy with the redesign. Again, a quick recap of what changed + what did not…
- Mobile-friendly: Presentations will resize to fit any screen size, including desktops, laptops, tablets, and phones.
- Same great content, with a facelift: Build presentations the same way you do today but now they’ll appear within the new modern design.
- A presentation you helped build: Many of you provided feedback about the current version of TouchCMA, and we heard you!
- All existing and new web presentations will be updated with the new, improved design.
- The slides “Pricing Summary” and “Estimated Pricing” will be combined. You can still omit average sold comparable price based on square footage using a new “Pricing Summary” page option.
- The “Averages By Status” section of the “Comparable Market Information” slide will now be grouped on the slide “Averages of Comparables.”
What Stays the Same?
- Building your presentations doesn’t change at all, since the redesign update only affects the end result.
- The PDF and iPad app presentations are not changing.
- Your custom pages are not changing.
- All of your saved presentation profile settings will still be honored.
- Existing presentations will automatically be updated to the new presentation style.
A side note on browsers | I was reminded this week of how important it is to swap to a different browser if you are experiencing any issues on TouchCMA, Transaction Desk etc…every now and again we’ll see one browser work and one not so much. Reminds me of the good old days when we’d get a “blue screen of death” on a PC and the fix was simply to restart the computer. Anyhow, a gentle reminder of the wide world of browsers and technology. Worth shouting out.
Market pulse | …# of offers is a conversation these days, no doubt. Look carefully at this snapshot below – this is a sample sales sheet from last week’s Ballard office meeting – it is telling us a story. It is a story that we need to be discovering and “showing” as a collective whole. Note how many sales are showing “only one” offer. It should also be noted this sales sheet does not reflect homes that did not receive offers – those exist too. Pricing + setting expectations with Sellers will be uber important (as always) in these next few months. Let’s help them understand sometimes there is a disconnect with what the media might portray to what is happening. Our local market shifts weekly, do all you can do to collaborate on what the “market pulse” – the banter in your offices, out on tour etc…are all good landing spots for such storytelling. Let’s help each other educate the market. It helps us all navigate and move the market. Pricing a home, receiving a full price offer and a Seller not accepting (as they expected more money vs. their asking price) is not a position we want to be in and it is happening more + more. It comes down to education. Kudos Ballard for keeping the “pulse” in front of you!
***note: left hand column – # of offers
Things went pink! | Our long-time manager, Dave Hale (Madison Park) is expecting his first grandchild – so what does one do? Bedazzle him in pink! Dave thought we were getting together to chat all things Madison Park. Instead, a good old fashioned surprise – had to share. Dave Hale, pink looks good on you! I know you + Beth are counting the days – so exciting!
Ok, that’s a sweep for this week! We should be hearing the Blue Angels shortly – get out and enjoy where + when you can. Seattle is indeed showing off today. We are lucky.
Laura Smith, General Manager | Windermere Real Estate Co + Northwest, Inc.
Day #3 of Summer Splash Corporate Cup prep!