The Seattle winter freeze & melt really did happen. Kids are slowly returning to schools post mid-winter breaks (ps, thank goodness). Our offices are starting to fill back up with humans. What a wild couple of weeks! I’m seeing, hearing and looking for signs of spring post melt. I do see them popping up in the ground. Are you feeling + seeing signs of a spring in our real estate market? Guest blogger, Windermere Eastlake broker, Sol Villareal put a few stats together this week worth sharing as we look towards spring. *NOTE: if you are looking for the password for windermerestats.com – text me – 206.227.7133 cell.
Feb 19th, 2019. Out of curiosity I’ve started pulling these stats from time to time to get a running snapshot of how the market is starting to change as we head into the spring. I just looked at closed stats for the past two weeks within the Seattle city limits, broken down by houses & townhomes vs. condos. Here’s what I found:
Houses & townhomes:
- There were 93 total closings in the last 2 weeks
- 24 (26%) sold for 1% or more over list
- 21 (22%) sold for 99-101% of list
- 15 (16%) sold for 95-99% of list
- 20 (22%) sold for 90-95% of list
- 13 (14%) sold for less than 90% of list
- Taking all of that into account, in the past two weeks 26% of houses and townhomes in Seattle closed above list, 22% closed at list or within 1% of it, and 52% closed below list.
- Of the houses that closed for more than list, 14 of them (58% of the total) closed for 1-5% over list; 4 (16%) sold for 5-10% over list; 5 (21%) sold for 10-20% over list; and 1 house (1400905) sold for 23.3% over list.
- There were 37 total closings in the last 2 weeks
- 4 (11%) sold for 1% or more over list
- 13 (35%) sold for 99-101% of list
- 6 (16%) sold for 95-99% of list
- 6 (16%) sold for 90-95% of list
- 8 (22%) sold for less than 90% of list
- Taking all of that into account, in the past two weeks 11% of condos in Seattle closed above list, 35% closed at list or within 1% of it, and 54% closed below list.
- Of the condos that sold for more than list price, three sold for between 1-2% over list and one (1404681) sold for 3.8% over list.
Broker, Windermere Real Estate
206-765-6108 | solvillarreal.com
Recording TODAY! Episode #12
Double Down Podcast
Podcast topic(s): Legal Bites + Seller Conversations. You’ll begin to notice a trend in monthly “ideas worth spreading” to intentionally reflect digestible bites from some of the newer content that ProDev is coming up with for clock hours. This month Nicole Mangina will be mic’d up and feature key themes that have continued to bubble up in her “Seller Conversations” class. Post podcast, if you are looking for a deeper dive around this subject – you can go to class = win/win! WRE Eastlake broker, Fiore Pignataro will join us for the conversation along with Demco attorney, David Daniel.
Podcast legal bites to include: (1) em delivery and appropriate responses to lateness; (2) good broker advice for seller clients on making complete disclosures; (3) broker ensuring disclosures are updated as need (such after failed sale etc…)
Tune in next Friday! Ok spring market…#Let’sGo #HereToHelp
Laura Smith, Co-owner | Windermere Real Estate Co.