Welcome to Friday everyone! Oh boy did someone decide to quickly turn off Summer and turn on Fall. Oy, did you hear that rain last night! Today feels like a good time to roll out another Top 10 list – a random compilation of what is on my mind this week and where I move my focus to in the coming weeks!
- Windermere Stats updated | need the password? text me: 206.227.7133
- Seattle data thru Aug 2018 | 1.7 months of inventory [0.6 Aug 2017]
- Seattle data thru Aug 2018 | Median closed sales price $700,000 [$689,000 Aug 2017]
- Seattle data thru Aug 2018 | 29% of homes sold ABOVE list price [44% last month, July 2018]
- Seattle data thru Aug 2018 | 20% of homes sold AT list price [18% last month, July 2018]
- Seattle data thru Aug 2018 | 23% of homes sold BELOW list price [18% last month, July 2018]
- Inventory historically declines between now and end of year. Leave me your prediction in the comment box!
- I’m still reading Never Split the Difference and still loving it! *ps, if you purchase the book on this link it benefits the Windermere Foundation – thank you Amazon Smile program.
- New class at Symposium – and guess what…It’s based off of the book above! = Never Split the Difference. Excellent, I plan to be there. Thank you Michael Fanning for pulling that together!
- Scott Stratten and I have a question for you…what is your “Joshie the giraffe” story? What was it this week? What will it be next week? Watch this 4 minutes and 46 seconds.
- Adding an extra to the Top 10 this week – rolling in at #11…for those of you ready to begin looking at your business plan for 2019 – I’ve dusted my planner off – it’s ready for you = should you accept the challenge! Text/email me – I’m on it.
I’m packing my bags tonight for Colorado – headed on a jet plane to our annual Windermere owners meetings next week. I have the opportunity to go meet and engage with Scott Stratten – beyond excited. Scott is right, an “entire brand is dictated by the people who work for it.” At Windermere I’d slightly tweak this verbiage based on the nature of our business – our brand is entirely dictated by the people who choose to partner with the brand. Yup, that is YOU. I feel lucky and no doubt, grateful. I’ll be fired up after returning home – watch out, gobs of content coming your way…all with the intention of helping you. The ultimate goal!
Ps, calling all my Windermere woman – join me for the TEDx Seattle Woman Event December 5th at Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery. Click here to buy your ticket. I bought mine today along with many others! Let’s explore ideas worth spreading…
In partnership with you,
Laura Smith, Co-owner | Windermere Real Estate Co.
Ballard + Eastlake + Madison Park + Northgate + Sand Point + Wedgwood